Following many requests from members of the community, we are in the process of developing a series of initiatives, along with Moray Council Roads Department, that we hope will improve safety on the B9010 through Rafford. The emphasis is on slowing traffic speeds, and providing a pavement to separate foot traffic from vehicles.
These initiatives are:
- Plan is for an additional pavement on the east side of Upper Rafford. Design is in progress and agreements with landowners are being negotiated.
- Village Entrance Signs
- We have selected an outline design for Village Entrance Signs, to be erected at the entrances to both Upper and Lower Rafford.
- Vehicle Activated Speed signs
- The Finderne Development Trust has generously agreed to fund 4 Vehicle Activated Speed signs for Upper and Lower Rafford. Orders will be places shortly.
- Traffic calming measures (on hold)
- Reduced speed limits (on hold)
We have analysed some of the speed measurement data provided by the roads department. See the results here: